Thursday, October 14, 2010

Just ask...

I'm beginning to think that if you want something in Malaysia, you pretty much just have to ask for it. First there was the visit to the Sun Bear Centre, and now airlines. In my planning I discovered that half decent accommodation can be had in Borneo for around 10 bucks a night, and $20-30 if you want your own room. I started thinking that 3 weeks wasn't enough, but unfortunately I bought a cheap no-change, no-refund ticket so I thought I'd just buy a one-way back on Air Asia if necessary.

I rang up Malaysia Airlines anyway, thinking there might be some outside chance I could upgrade to a flexible fare or something "just in case" I wanted to stay longer. I spoke to the lovely Louise in Adelaide, who told me that not only could I change my fare, but it would be free to do so. What the...?? I thought about it for a few days and called back - lo and behold somehow managing to reach Louise again (I love call centre roulette!). I half expected her to say she'd made a mistake, but sure enough I now have a ticket for 5 weeks away. Which I can change. For free.

Mad. Love it.

No comments:

Post a Comment