Wednesday, December 8, 2010

Long journey home

Sadly, my last view of Borneo was rain. But I guess that's what happens when you travel in the monsoon season! I was pretty lucky that it held off for over 4 weeks. I left for the airport at 10am to meet my 11:35 flight. At 12:15 and again at 12:45 they told us that due to technical difficulties there would be a delay and futher information would be available later. At about 1pm they asked us all to go to the restaurant where they gave us lunch. I started wondering whether there would be any more flights out and whether I'd make my flight to Australia at 9:30pm from KL, so I asked at the desk. They knew exactly who I was and were about to re-route me through KK, but then decided to take the whole plane instead and cancel the KK flight! I felt sorry for the passengers on that flight. At about 3:30 we finally took off, only 4 hours late. In KL I wandered round the airport for 2 hours and got on my plane for a safe and uneventful journey home.

It's been an awesome 5 weeks, and even though I've seen so much, there are many gaps that I would like to go back and fill. Three that come to mind are Danum Valley, Kudat (the tip of Borneo) and Long Pasia. Not to mention Bario in northern Sarawak, if I can brave going back there. Borneo 2011?

2 comments:

  1. What, no more daily bulletins of fun and high drama from Caro???? What will I do with my spare time now? Maybe wait for Japan.????
    A fan xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats on a cracker blog!
    It's been a great read. Glad you had a swell time and made it home safely.
    ecks

    ReplyDelete