Tuesday, November 23, 2010

Miri, top of Sarawak

But how do they cook them? Riddip.
This morning I got up late, had breakfast here and generally mooched around the living room making plans for the next week. Last night I decided to go to Mulu and booked some flights, it's only half an hour flight in a twin otter which I believe is a very small plane. I was going to just do it on my own like Bako but got an email back from one booking agent saying she had two people going at the same time and it was with proper guided walks and all meals etc so I went down and paid for that today. Apparently it's two Canadian girls about my age so that will be nice.

Mr Mark is very staunch.
Then I went jalan jalan, cari makan (walking around looking for food) and although the "choose your own frog" option was tempting (?), I ended up at Singapore Chicken Rice which is a fast food restaurant but with "real" food. Very nice, I had steamed chicken, rice and kailan (kale in English I believe? An asian green anyway) and lychee drink. Maccas should totally get on board with that!!

Failing to secure an appointment with Mr Mark (see right) I went back to Dillenia. I was just wondering how a Professional Tool makes money, since there are so many people who are willing to do it for free.

No comments:

Post a Comment